Saturday, September 1, 2012

Lobsterfest 2012!!!

  
Thor watched a video of how to "butcher" the lobsters that we got today and was giving me step by step instructions. I was pretty impressed with the attention he paid to the chef he watched on YouTube.

We got the lobsters as an "anniversary" gift to Jake and me because today marked 12 years that we have been together as a couple. The grocery store that is about a block from our house was selling live Lobsters that you could either have cooked there or take home and cook  yourself. We decided that we would have them do the cooking! The lobster "dissembling" was easier that I had anticipated. Its really kind of like cleaning a big shrimp -except that the claw meat is where it is at. So good! Baleigh was not really that impressed and decided that she would be happy eating leftovers after trying her two obligatory bites. : ) It was a first time for me eating lobster and overall a pretty neat experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment