Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Peggy Sue Fireside room makeover - still in progress


We are still working on completing the front of the fireplace but there is a plan in the works. We will be installing the new doors this weekend and then covering over where the gross fake brick was with a stone front. The mantle is actually an old hand hewn log from my parents' 100 yr old barn. It is going to look spectacular when it is finished. I can't wait to decorate it for the holidays. 
Our "Fireplace" room when we bought it

View from the kitchen complete with saloon doors

View of the driveway showing off the "fabulous" carpet and concrete ledge

Serving as a work space in the AC with no dust so I could paint kitchen cabinets
After Mr Nielsen tore down that wall
One more drywall wall to come out
Taking down the final piece of drywall
New lighting courtesy of my fantastic brothers Clayton, Caleb and some consulting by Chad. Paint by Jake and me one late Saturday night
New furniture and I finally got my treadmill back in the house!
View from the window 



No comments:

Post a Comment