Thursday, August 23, 2012

My Grown Up Boy


Thor started School today! He was all decked out in his Angry Birds attire that was chosen weeks ago. I was not a fan of the camo pants for first choice but he rocks them. I made him get up early and eat a real breakfast so that he wasn't starving by lunch. He mowed down a poached egg and several pieces of  toast along with half an apple. I guess gearing up for school works up an appetite.

We took him to the bus stop where there were about a dozen or so kids already waiting. The bus was 10 minutes early so its a good thing momma still has that Army "10 minutes prior" thing still drilled in her head.

He wasn't sure where his stop was and I had to ask the bus driver to call for him to get off. Jake was just coming home from work when Thor was getting off the bus so he got to see him right at the end of his first day.

In Thor's words the day was "Awesome". He said they had two snacks, milk in the morning and then gold fish the were "blasted with cheddar cheese". They had a rest time on mats in the afternoon but Thor stated firmly that he didn't take a nap.

He managed to forget his lunch box in his locker but we have a back up just in case. He is looking forward to hot lunch next friday when they have pizza.

IT was nice to just hang out with the Bean all day. I think she is going to enjoy being the only one home this fall. I know I am. : )

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad he liked his first day! I think we're going to try the public school next year with K. Hope this year is great for all of you!

    ReplyDelete