Saturday, April 28, 2012

Cooking With Bean





Yesterday Bean begged to bake a pumpkin pie after discovering a can of pumpkin puree in the pantry. We decided to wait until today to bake it since it takes a bit of baking time. She had a ball doing most of it by herself.


Milestone #1: cracking and whisking two eggs together. Most of the egg went in the bowl. We will work on the amount of force required for this task.

Milestone #2: Rolling out the pastry dough and crimping the crust. I will say that it wasn't the thing of beauty that I normally have coming out of my kitchen but it was pretty good considering the size of the fingers doing it and the fact that it was her very first time.

She does lots of cooking with Jake and is very comfortable helping but I did very little of this and baking is a whole different ball game from cooking. I am pretty proud of her learning how to do things like this. I think she looked adorable with her little cupcake apron on standing up on a chair rolling out the dough. She's going to be quite a catch some day. (in like 40 years) : )

No comments:

Post a Comment