Friday, May 11, 2012

Jake's Birthday

Jake's Birthday was on Wednesday but we celebrated a bit early this year. We have been looking forward to going to see the new Avengers movie for some time now and so on Tuesday I look an all afternoon lunch and the whole family headed to the theater. I can not even remember the last movie we went to since we have been on a rather strict budget for quite some time now. We got there only to find that Tuesdays are half off days. So we paid half the price we had planned on, allowing us to splurge and get SNACKS!!! Baleigh really wanted nachos and I got the boys a huge tub of popcorn and we shared 2 drinks. All in all it cost less than we had planned - Winning!!! The movie did not disappoint and we all had a blast.

Baleigh had the guy next to us laughing at some of her observations. At one point about 10 minutes into the film she said "I thought this was about the Avengers- why aren't they wearing their superhero costumes?" She is quite the big fan of Dr. Banner A.K.A. the Hulk. Her favorite part of the movie was when Hulk wakes up Iron man by roaring at him. It was pretty amusing.

Wednesday I had another rather short day at work so we decided to just hang out at home since it was raining. In the morning Baleigh remembered it was Jake' B-day and ran over and gave him a big hug and sang happy birthday.

I picked up a small Tiramisu Cake that he loves, and dinner was a big surprise from Grandma Diane. She had sent us a double order of Portillos Italian Beef Sandwiches!!! One order was for Jake's big day and the other was for Mother's Day. Best gift ever!!! 

I got Jake a special vegetable chopper for the kitchen that he has had his eye on for some time now. I actually had to talk him out of buying it last week because I had already gotten it for him. Unfortunately I left it in my desk at work on his actual birthday so he got it a day late.


He had a phone call from Diane first thing in the morning and then from Bill and Cori and my family later in the evening. All said a pretty decent birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment