Friday, April 6, 2012

60 Days! Home Stretch!!!

Today is 60 days before we are back in Illinois. I can't believe how fast this year is going already. At times it does drag but overall it is going so quickly.

We have post wide garage sales next weekend after Spring Clean Up. That is a whole day set aside for those of us who live on post to go out and clean up our yards after a "difficult" Texas winter. lol. I love that I get paid to do something I am supposed to do anyway. Most years we are done before lunch time but it doesn't matter because we have to be home all day anyway.

Packing is partially done but I feel the need to get back to it. I know the month of May is going to be super busy so I want to make sure we are ready when the time comes. There are so many little things to think about when you are moving to another state. All the doctors files need to be transferred and dental records as well. A new vet needs to be researched so our furry baby is taken care of. Scheduling the moving truck, searching for moving boxes on craigslist. Making sure the car has been properly checked out for  trip of this distance. Getting the house ready to move out of - moving out of post housing is like leaving a dorm. They have a move in inspection and a move out inspection. If you are not cleared by housing you can not be cleared by post to leave. Its all very complicated and not fun at all.

I am so excited for summer to be spent with family around. Its going to be like Christmas in June!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment