Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Texas Snow Day!

                                                       Early morning snow adventures
                                                      Our Texas Snowman his name is "Blob"
Friday morning we woke up to SNOW!!!! Granted it was barely enough to cover the grass but it was snow none the less. Thor and Baleigh were our of their minds excited. We were out trying to build a snowman by 6:30AM in the 17 deg weather. I knew that the snow wouln't pack then but they really wanted to try so we did.

At 8AM I found out I had a late work call and didn't have to be in until 10:30. So we went out and played again. The snow still wasn't packing so we used sand toys and packed snow into them to make snow castles. : )

At 9:30 AM I found out that work was for essential personnel only. I am not "essential" so I was free for the day. This was kind of a bummer since I had my promotion ceremony scheduled for 11 AM. I called the place we had ordered food from and thankfully it was still early enough to cancel our order.

                                                            7 AM on  04FEB2011

I went into work for about an hour to tie up some loose ends and then I rushed home because the snow had started to melt. We all went out and constructed the saddest looking snow man "blob" I have ever seen. We actually had to take out large mixing bowls and collect snow from all over the lawn to get enough to get a 12" tall snow man. I am going to attempt to upload the video of Baleigh explaining to Jake what "ingredients" (her word not mine) we needed to make the snowman's facial features.

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Baleigh is so sweet!! Did Thor say that the snowman needed a tail at the end of the video? Hilarious!

    Wylie is still missing the kids and asking about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did say that the snowman needed a tail. He wanted to make a snow monkey.

    ReplyDelete