Sunday, January 30, 2011

UFC Fight for the Troops 2! I was there!!!!

                                             Me and Dana White
                                                      Me and Jonathon Britton from Ultimate Fighter
                                                     I was this close to Matt "the Meathead" Mitrion
                                            I hugged Pat Barry! Be jealous!!!
                                           Me and Brian "The Marine" Stan - SO COOL!

While in the field last week I was afforded the opportunity to go back to the rear and attend UFC Fight for the Troops 2 with a few of my guys. What an amazing event! The fighters were so awesome. They came out before and after their fights to mingle with the soldiers, give fighting tips, sign autographs and take tons of pictures. The highlight of my night was getting Dana White to sign my ticket and take a picture with me. The fights were good and the view from where I stood was AMAZING! I got to shake hands with at least 5 fighters and see Chuck Liddel up close. The only thing that would have made it more incredible would be having Jake there with me. It was an event for Active duty soldiers only so he couldn't get a ticket. He was thrilled that I got to meet some of the guys though and I texted him throughout to keep him up to speed. Last but not least I actually made it onto live TV. It was only  for a second or two but I was there and the kids got to see me, which they thought was pretty neat. Its a memory I won't soon forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment