Thursday, August 2, 2012

Where the summer going????

This summer has gone faster than any one in my memory's history. I can't believe it has been two months since we moved in to our new house and started making it our own. Now in just a matter of weeks we will have a Kindergartner in our house ( or at school rather) and it will be just Baleigh and I at home all day. We have been making all the necessary preparation for starting school. Eye exam is completed and the appointment for physical is made. Registration is next week and all of our school supplies are labeled and in the book bag. First day of school clothes are picked out and we are ready to go.

This weekend my dad is helping to put in the remaining pieces of the sub floor in the kitchen and dining room and showing us how to blow insulation in to the attic now that all the work up there is complete. Monday the carpet guys come and we will have floors laid by the end of Tuesday at the latest.

Today Baleigh and I pickled several pints of banana peppers and started drying about 24 cayenne peppers in the garage. This is just the beginning of our food preservation for this fall. I am looking forward to it very much. It will be a lot of work but at the same time so rewarding.

Yesterday Jake's step mom Cori  was in town and we went to Galena for the afternoon. We had lunch at a Mexican restaurant and walked down main street before taking a trolly ride around the city. It was a fun day all around.

Kylie, Gage, Baleigh, Cole, Thor and Aunt Hannah at the Lena Pool 2012
Today we are headed to the pool with the cousins for a couple of hours. I managed to get a good sun burn on Tuesday so I will be slathered in sunscreen today. We have been getting good use out of our season pool pass. So glad we decided to get it.   

2 comments:

  1. Did the Galena Canning Company give you any ideas for your food preservation? YUM! Kim DeSplinter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't actually go in there. However, I did a ton of canning with my mom when I was a kid so if I need ideas/advice she is just a phone call away. Not to mention that the internet has plethora of ideas if we come up lacking. : ) I will have to check them out when get over there next time though.

    ReplyDelete