Sunday, March 13, 2011

Circus Gatti

Last night we went to Circus Gatti over in Belton. The kids and I have never been to a circus so we were so excited! We met friends Sarah and Erin there to enjoy the show. Prior to the actual event beginning elephant and pony rides were offered. I took the kids down to give it a shot. Thor wanted to ride an elephant and LOVED every second of it. I was so proud of him going up there all by himself and being so brave. Baleigh wanted to ride a pony. When we got to the ponies Thor wanted a ride too. He jumped on like a champ but Baleigh was a little hesitant. I explained that the pony wouldn't hurt her as long as she wasn't scared. Her whole body stiffened up when I picked her up to get on it though. The second she got in the saddle she grabbed onto that saddle horn and held on for dear life. After a few seconds she relaxed and was so empowered by the whole experience that she then thought she could get an elephant ride. I said no to that request- maybe next time.

The kids both got light sticks from one of the vendors as well. Thor chose a blue light saber and Bean got a princess like scepter that she LOVES! IT was a joy to get to watch them have so much fun. Every time we get an opportunity like this I feel like we can't pass it up. I want them to have a bank full of fun memories for next year when I'm not there to share their day to day lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment