Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Special Talents

Yesterday while cleaning the garage, we ran across some old Army gear. Baleigh asked me if I would ever go back in the Army and I told her "no". She then said she knew why and I asked her to elaborate. She said that I needed to be home so that I could say bedtime prayers with them and make dinner. I told her that daddy could help with that so I didn't really need to be there. She shook her little head and said, "no, that wouldn't work. Daddy isn't so great at teaching bedtime prayers. His special talent is squishy hugs and carrying me to bed. So we need you here."

Its good to be needed. But I especially liked that she thinks her dad's special talent is squishy hugs.

Now that I am thinking about hugs, it makes me think of something else that the little Bean does. Whenever she sees Jake give me a hug or vise-a-versa, she runs up to us and yells "SANDWHICH HUG!" She then gets in between us and wait for us to squeeze her until she squeals. lol

She is quite the little thinker. She comes up with some of the funniest things and   will randomly break out a big word that cracks my co-workers up. The other day she came in to the office and announced, "Apparently my snow pants are NOT waterproof. Because my pants got soaked at recess and Mr Blakely INSISTED that I change into dry clothes" Seriously? What 6 year old do you know who reads the dictionary for fun while waiting for bedtime? Mine does. Its amazing to see the differences between a boy obsessed with animals and a girl obsessed with learning everything about everything.  She is a voracious reader and is very into the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment