Saturday, March 22, 2014

New Ventures.....

They say "Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" - So I threw my hat in the online business ring. Below is the link to our Facebook Page and I would love for you to share it or at the very least, check it out.

 https://www.facebook.com/TheNielsenNook/


Nielsen Nook is my way of supplementing my family's income, while creating one-of-a-kind pieces of art for your home. I have designed many pieces for my home and would love to share a little bit of myself with others.

All pieces are made from reclaimed wood. Some of this is from my family farm and has the weathered look that can only come from years of exposure. Other pieces are taken from local lumber scrap yards. This allows me to be as eco friendly as possible in my artistic endeavors. All pieces are sealed for the health and safety of your family, unless you specifically request that "barn boards" be left natural. If you have and idea for a quote or would like to see a specific type of hardware please feel free to privately message me and I will do my best to create something that fits your vision. 







I've always love quotes…weather it was a simple verse from the Bible, a song lyric, or a quote from an unknown author. In starting this shop, and deciding what exactly it was that I wanted to make and share with the world, the decision was simple. Sayings and statements that will lift someone's spirits, speak straight to their soul, bring a smile to their face... that's what I want. 







I have also created several original Barn Quilts for local families. I can take ideas from your family heritage and incorporate them into a 4'x4' or 8'x8' wooden "quilt" for display on your home, barn, or shed. These quilts are painted with high quality enamel and sealed to prevent discoloration from exposure. I can not ship barn quilts due to weight and size but will deliver them within a 20 mile radius of my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment