Monday, October 1, 2012

7 Years And Still Together

Today Jake and I celebrate 7 years of marriage and just over 12 years together as a couple. It has been one amazingly complex journey to say the least. Between the multiple moves, military separations, unexpected babies, and day to day drama, I think we have come out of the last 12 years stronger and more committed than ever.

This time last year we were still in Texas with the knowledge that our time as an Army family was coming to and end. Together we buckled down and made a great exit plan. We worked our tails off this year to make our dream of owning a home come true. Then we successfully packed up our life in Texas and transported it back to the Mid-west. We have turned a once unwanted house into a warm inviting home that we both love and have begun life as civilians again with more ease than the first time.

I thank God daily for having such a loving partner in my life to hold my hand on the road we are traveling together. Some days it has not been easy and we have had our share of downs to balance out the ups. But overall we have been blessed and will continue to thrive no matter what life throws our way.

3 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! I'm glad you guys have each other and stick through the good and bad together. I hope you get a chance to do something fun together to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we did get a chance to "celebrate". My brother and sister in law watched the kids for a few hours and we had a nice dinner at home and watched A WHOLE movie with no interruptions! That was novel. Today we are dropping the kids off with my mom and dad for the night and going to enjoy a whole day and night with no kids. woo!

      Delete