Monday, March 19, 2012

Can you say PRODUCTIVE!?

Jake left for his bike trip on Saturday morning and will be gone until Tuesday evening.

It has been interesting being a "stay at home mom" again. Being home alone with the kids for 3 days has afforded me time to see all the little things that I think women naturally think to clean but never occurs to guys. I have re-arranged ALL the cupboards, and washed them inside and out. I scrubbed the walls, the floors, under the stove and the fridge. I had no idea how gross things could get in 2 years with no deep cleaning.

I do feel very accomplished as a result of the fact that now EVERY closet in the house has been emptied, sorted, and cleaned and is ready to be packed if it hasn't been already. We have taken bag after bag of stuff to good will and it feels SO good!

The kids have had fun going out with mom doing thing. They even "got to" go to work with me at 5:30 AM this morning to turn in some work. Thor was not happy to be awakened in the middle of the night as he put it. I kind of felt like it was payback for all the times he has woken me up at 6AM on a Saturday. lol. Baleigh on the other hand was so happy to get up and get moving. They are going to sleep hard tonight.

We washed siding and cleaned up the yard and the only thing left to do is wash the windows outside. We are paying a cleaning company to clean the house after we leave so I have no idea WHY I felt the sudden desire to deep clean like this when we are 72 days out from moving .

Tomorrow I have another day off work so I am pretty sure that I will be able to finish up all the loose ends and then take it easy when Jake , his dad and brother Adam get here. I want to put together a few meals so we don't get lazy and end up going out to eat.

I must now go forage for food - I kind of forgot to eat today. lol.

1 comment:

  1. Payback for the kids can be nice sometimes! ;) Glad you got so much done and that Jake got a chance to do something fun with the guys. That stuff is so needed, especially when the routine of life can be so constant. Little changes help a lot!

    ReplyDelete