Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Unit #2

Just after we got back from our family vacation I had a sit down with both of my big bosses ( MAJ Nolan and LTC White). I expressed to them that I felt like I had mastered my job as a Battalion Chemo and wanted to work on furthering my career. LTC White (the big boss) agreed with me and said that he would talk to his friend who was a commander of the Chemical Unit up the  street from where we work.

I was called into the office about a week later and told that there was a potential inter-post transfer in the works. What this means is that although I will be changing who I work for I will remain here at Fort Hood.

Last week it was officially announced that I would be moving to 48th Chemical Brigade, 2nd Chemical Battalion, 181st Chemical Company. I will be a Platoon Leader in a Decontamination Platoon. This is what I was trained to do when I went through all of my schools so this is really awesome to get a job that will put me working with Soldiers. I will have around 20 Soldiers working under me that will be my responsibility to train and care for. This is a truly amazing opportunity. The extra bonus of leaving my current unit and going to this one is that it will delay my deployment time. The new unit is not due for a deployment for the foreseeable future. I knew when I signed up for the Army that I would deploy but presented with the opportunity to stay home for maybe another year is really amazing.

As of today I am just 56 days away from a new job! That is not alot of time and I have a great deal to do in order for this to be a smooth transition with my replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment