Thursday, April 28, 2011

Vacation is Over

This past week I decided I was so burned out at work that I needed a little vacation. I took 2 days of leave in conjunction with a four day weekend and it was in a word-Glorious!

I colored Easter Eggs with the kids and a couple of good friends. Picked Grandma Dinae up from the Airport in Austin and made an Easter Feast on Sunday. The kids had so much fun searching for their baskets and eggs on Sunday morning. Jake even got up at the crack of dawn to watch them! : ) Monday morning we set out of San Antonio for two days. We took a ride down the river on  a tour boat, ate some mexican food on the river walk, and stayed in the nicest hotel I have ever been in. We soaked in the hot tub, ate delicious BBQ and on Tuesday we visited the San Antonio Zoo on the hottest day in history (for that date). I will up load pictures later. We were home by early afternoon on Tuesday and just bummed around the house. Wednesday we took the munchkins to story time at the library and made coral out of construction paper and fruity pebbles. A trip to the park and a picnic in the living room while watching Planet 51 topped off the day. Now I am sitting here in my uniform about to head out to my first day back to work in 6 DAYS! It was amazing. I am so looking forward my sisters wedding 6 weeks from now! : )

1 comment:

  1. You guys deserved a break! So nice to have a chance to breathe!!

    ReplyDelete