Saturday, February 13, 2010

Not So Bad.

This was my first official week of work and I have to say it isn't so bad. I know things will pick up when I am doing everything but I think it will be good. I came in on the busiest week for me and managed to do everything I was asked to. I like the people I work with/for and as of Monday I will have my own office space.

I had a pleasant surprise on Wednesday... I found out i was getting a four day weekend. I didn't realize it was Prez Day this weekend so that was really cool. Not to mention that Thursday's are family time days. We are let go at 3 PM instead of 5PM like normal. Granted, I didn't get off until around 5PM on Thursday anyway but I have a 4 day weekend!

We went out to our second movie in 2 weeks on Friday morning. I am tired of waiting to find a baby sitter so we decided that the kids are old enough to sit through a movie. We went and say Valentine's Day and it was really good. We stopped by McDonald's on the way to the theatre and snuck in some "lunch" snacks for the kids. They had fun sitting on the steps eating their french fries and cheese burgers.

This morning Thor and i got up early and cooked like crazy. WE are back to that place that we have to plan our meals out again so we aren't making irresponsible decisions about our food. Both Jake and I want to get back into great shape and lose some weight too. Jake is planning on joining a mixed martial arts school here in town and I want to get back to the running shape I was in last summer. So Thor and I made a few healthy meals that we can just go to when we are really hungry.

In a kid highlights: Baleigh and Thor recently discovered singing. They have a few songs that they sing but my favorite is Little Jack Horner. Baleigh cracks us up with her interpretation of it. I am working on uploading a video of her and Jake singing it. Its too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment