Monday, September 30, 2013

8 Years And Still Madly In Love

This fall has been full of weddings for our family and friends. My best friend in the whole world got married a couple of weeks ago and this past weekend was the wedding of another close college girlfriend. We still have several family weddings to attend in the coming weeks, so it has given us a chance to think about the years that we have been married.

Eight years doesn't sound like much time, but when one considers that it is nearly a quarter of our lives it seems more significant. We still love spending every night together and miss each other deeply when we are separated. I never "got" those couples who took separate vacations or loved going off for extended weekends to "get away" from their spouse. My favorite memories are Jake and I spending time together going places, and sometimes just staying home and doing projects together. I really believe that one day we are going to be that old couple who still holds hands at the movies and who could never imagine their lives without the other person.

Every year gets better and better and I am looking forward to what marriage is like in the next decade. Happy Anniversary to my wonderful husband and partner of 13 years. We must be doing something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment