Monday, November 14, 2011

Whataweekend!

 This past weekend I had 4 days off and it was glorious! The kids and I finished painting our nativity set that we started earlier this year. The kids did everything but the wise men ( I snatched those guys up). Baleigh was so proud of her baby Jesus and Thor created the most technicolor angel in existence- I'm sure of it! Both of them are getting quite good at painting and following directions when it comes to these types of activities.



We followed that activity up by throwing together some delicious home made pizza. The kids rolled the dough out, spread the sauce and topped it with the cheese and pepperoni. Baleigh even measured out all the ingredients for the pizza dough- then we just hit the switch and let the dough hook put it all together for us. She is becoming quite the little chef. She helps Jake made dinner every day and LOVES getting to assist in the kitchen whenever the opportunity presents itself.




Saturday we broke out the wooden letters that Grandma Jill had sent down a while back along with some paints. Both kids had a ball painting their T and B a rainbow of colors. They packed them away to hang up in their new rooms in their new house when we get there. They both are super excited to be moving close to cousins and to a new house. They talk about it quite often so I think when the time comes they are going to really enjoy the move.



Sunday afternoon we decided to start with our Christmas baking even if it was 80degrees outside. We made a few Halloween cookies since we never got around to those at Halloween and Grandma Cori had sent some cool Halloween cookie cutters. We went old school with the decorating and I mixed up egg whites with food coloring and we painted the cookies. They turned out quite well. This is a little trick I remembered my Aunt Nancy showing us way back when. I have very vivid memories of a home school meeting at her house where all the kids got to cut out pumpkin shaped cookies and paint them like Jack O' Lanterns. Its funny the things that stick in your mind.



Today we just spent chilling and not doing much of anything but it was the perfect way to top off 3 days of what appears to be a ton of painting. It didn't start off with that as the plan I can assure you- Anything to keep the kids busy and out of trouble. : )

I did manage to sneak in a lunch with a good friend before she left for deployment today. I am going to miss having her around. She was one of the few people I am close with down here. I hope that our lives cross paths again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment