Saturday, July 17, 2010

Just chillin'

This week was really exhausting - but very productive at work. Thor has decided that he really doesn't like it when I leave for work these days adn so he tries to hold onto my hand and tells me that eh wants me to stay at home and play with him.
When I got home last night I didn't immediatly change out of my uniform so he went into my room and got my jammie pants and a t shirt for me. As he was handing them to me he said - "here mommy, you wear these clothes. You don't have to go to work again do you?" it breaks my heart when he does stuff like that. The other day I sat down with him and explained why I have to go to work.... so we can buy food, and live in a house and have stuff like clothes and toys. He said he understood. The next day when getting ready for work he saw me putting my boots on ( a sure sign I will be leavign soon) and he brings me a couple of his toys and says "don't go to the Army mom, I'll give you my toys" So somehow that conversation got twisted into, if i give up my toys then you won't have to work anymore.


Last night we just had a lazy family night. We ordered pizza, got out the water colors and the kids painted for nearly two hours. I know what Grandma and Grandpa's will be getting in the mail next week. : ) THen we read a bunch of stories before all going to bed preatty early.

Its only 9 am and the kids have been up for 2 1/2 hrs already so I think its about time to head out for our weekly shopping trip.

One quick work note - I got to run my first CS gas chamber range on Thursday. Lets just say I can now see why Drill Sargeants love the gas chamber day so much. ITs Hilarious to see people take their masks off and try and sing a song or say the soldiers creed. I have 4 more of these to run in the next few weeks. Pictures will surely follow. : )

1 comment:

  1. Aww, that's so sweet, and heartbreaking, with Thor. It is hard for them to be away from their parents sometimes. Kiah often asks for Jim to come home from work NOW or not go. I'm not sure how it will be once I'm gone for work sometimes!

    ReplyDelete